North Seas 5.5/4.5 Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit
Vissla North Seas 5.5/4.5 mm Hooded Chest Zip Wetsuit in Black.
Made for cold water: 39 - 53° F / 4 - 12°C
WARMTH & STRETCH
• Vissla’s warmest and most water tight suit featuring:
• I-Foam Premium- the lightest weight, warmest & stretchiest Japanese limestone based neoprene available; significantly less weight, enhanced flexibility and superior comfort.
• Full body hollow fiber Fever Fiber lining with more insulates heat and dries fast
• Upcycled Nylon XTEND exterior fabric: Eco-friendly, lighter, flexible, anti-fade stretch jersey made by Bluesign approved mills.
• Dope Dyed Fabric- Softer, eco-friendly, anti-fade stretch jersey laminated with AquaA eco-friendly water-based lamination is completely solvent free. Made by Bluesign approved mills.
• New improved fit for better range of motion - anatomically engineered body lines with minimal seams for unrestricted performance and warmth
DURABLE & WATERTIGHT
• PK S-LOCK Water tight Zipper - Chest-zip entry with Cris-X interior panels for easy entry and minimal bulk with a perfect fit
• Chest-zip entry, also includes Male and Female channel barrier to prevent flushing our most water tight design
• Power Seam is an advanced, flexible, waterproofing sealant used on the outside of all seams for added warmth and durability
• Vissla super stretch Neo 3.0 tape inside allows for maximum seam sealing while having unrestricted stretch and comfort
• Tripled glued, blind stitched seams
• Smoothy Panels - Wind & water-repellent - Smoothy panels on hood, front and back act as a barrier against the wind & cold where it's needed the most
• Easy access secure key cord
• Knee pad, Upcycled Supratex abrasion resistant for flexibility and strength
• Liquid tape cuff seals to prevent flushing at cuffs
• Glideskin on the neck seals to skin to prevent flushing
RECOMMENDED ACCESSORIES TO KEEP YOU WARM
• If surfing in cold waters, we recommend pairing our North Seas 5.5/4.5/3 Hooded Full Wetsuit with booties and gloves to keep you nice and toasty in the frigid waters! Check out our Cold Water Necessities!
• Treat with special care! Rinse wetsuit thoroughly inside and out with fresh water
• Hang dry in a cool shaded area and avoid hanging in direct sun light. When changing, avoid standing on the wetsuit
Most Importantly Enjoy!
Before designing each wetsuit, Vissla always considers how to make it as eco-friendly as possible.
We use earth mined limestone to replace petrochemicals in our neoprene. It comes from nature and has less environmental impact.
ECO CARBON BLACK.
Carbon Black, one of the key ingredients of neoprene, is now pyrolyzed from scrap rubber tires. This significantly reduces energy consumption and cuts CO2emission by 200g per wetsuit.
All black interior & exterior jersey material and Neo 2.0 super stretch black tape are made using dope-dyed yarns. Dope-dying infuses dye pigments into molten plastic solution to produce colored yarns without the dying process. This saves tremendous amounts of water while reducing energy consumption and water pollution.
We swapped out the conventional solvent glue for something that’s easier on the ocean - Aquaα® water-based lamination. This eliminates an excess of chemicals that are known to be harmful for the earth and for humans.
RECYCLED NYLON & POLYESTER.
A selection of our suits are knitted with recycled materials. This helps reduce waste and material consumption at the same time.